BSPlayer also known as BS.Player is one of the best multimedia player that supports all major popular audio and video file formats. It is being delivered as a free and shareware version. From this page you can download an older version of BSPlayer that is free and also clean of adware, read more here.
- Support for OGM files, including more then 2 audio/video tracks, supports embeded subtitles/chapters
- External audio file supported
- S/PDIF output supported for AC3 files (with Intervideo audio decoder)
- INI files
- Remote control support - WinLIRC
- Simple equalizer (DirectX 8 required)
- Playback rate (1/2x, 1x, 2x) and custom
and lots of other features not listed here, try it out.
- Display subtitles - Support custom subtitles position, color, font, transparency etc
- Supported formats: MicroDVD, Subviewer, SubRip
- Fully skinnable - Any shape, transparent skins...
- Resizable movie window
- Drag & drop support
- Command line support
- Pan-scan and custom pan-scan option
- Custom aspect ratios
- Playlist support
- Resolution changing
- Frame capture
- AVI files with more than 2 audio streams supported (multilanguage)
- fixed broken playback for some media files on some systems
- fixed crash in advanced filter properties
- skins: added actions to open ML in specified section
- some other bug fixes in changes
- some streams didn't work and mp3 shoutcast is now fixed.
- some VobSub subtitles were not displayed this has been fixed.
- VobSub subtitles can now be moved like the normal ones.
- support for utf8 encoding in external ssa subtitles has been added.
- the rendering modes has been reorganized.
- better support for locked files has been added.
- basic support for VMR7 has been added.
- This is the oldest version of BSPlayer listed on this web site.
- option to extend video to defined height ( an useful option if you want to put subtitles under the movie ) has been added.
- audio stream switching should work now.
- haali media splitter support has been extended.
IMPORTANT : This software was ( at a time ) probably the most popular media player in the world. However, in the past, the developers of BSPlayer included a form of adware in free versions of BSPlayer in order to cover the costs for creating new versions of this popular media player. Users started to use other players that were clean of adware or any other form of malware. After a "dark" period, you can now use the free version of this player without infecting your PC with any adware or spyware. We wanted to include versions 2.34.980 and 2.35.985 on this list but McAfee Antivirus and other antiviruses sees them as Adware and even if you have to opt out of a BSPlayer toolbar we will not list them. As you can see we will list on this page old versions of BSPlayer that are clean and free to use.