mIRC is a clean and stable Internet Chat client for Windows. It is used by many users ( millions ) to communicate, share or play with other people on IRC networks around the world, either in multi-user group conferences or in one-to-one private discussions. It has a practical interface that supports features such as buddy lists, file transfers, multi-server connections, SSL encryption, proxy support, UTF-8 display, customizable sounds, spoken messages, tray notifications, message logging, and a lot more. It also has a powerful scripting language that can be used both to automate mIRC and to create applications that perform a wide range of functions from network communications to playing games. It has been in development for over a decade and is constantly being improved and updated with new technologies. All our mIRC versions were scanned with several antiviruses before adding them on this page. We have found several security issues on the following versions: mirc 6.1 has a Protocol Remote Buffer Overflow Exploit; mirc 6.34 has a Remote Buffer Overflow Exploit and also a Remote Buffer Overflow PoC. Therefor those versions will not be included on our website.
- mIRC 633 has almost 50 changes to this version and also small fixes and tweaks, making this version more stable and relayable.
- mIRC added support for the transfer of files larger than 4 G.
- mIRC added /var -g switch to allow you to set global variable values.
- mIRC added $input() identifier combobox support.
- mIRC fixed UTF-8 text-wrapping display problem.
- mIRC fixed switchbar display button-sorting display problem.
- mIRC fixed window positions not being saved correctly for some windows.
- mIRC fixed server connection problems.
- This version of mIRC focuses on stability and reliability. It includes interface changes to, also fixes, optimizations, and improvements to the scripting language.
- In particular, mIRC can now handle more character nick names, channel names, and messages.
- mIRC added support for network-specific window position saving.
- mIRC fixed mouse wheel handling of scrolling with high resolution mice.
- mIRC added a "Check for Updates" option to automatically check for mIRC newer versions.
- mIRC optimized INI file handling to only update those parts of a file that have changed.
- mIRC improved display speed of text in all windows.
- mIRC fixed multi-byte text-wrapping display problems.
- mIRC fixed and optimized a number of @window display features.
- mIRC improved unicode support in the $mp3() identifier.
- This version of mIRC is full Vista compatabile offers support for limited user accounts, U3 support, support for positioning the Treebar at top/bottom of the page.- mIRC window, and a feature that allows you to switch between Normal and Compact modes. The new compact mode makes mIRC behave like a messenger with the treebar filling the main window, all windows opening on the desktop.
- mIRC's new default toolbar is now customizable.
- mIRC added a treebar that lists network connections with channels, queries and other open windows.
- mIRC now has a 'check for timed out connections' option in connect/options dialog.
- mIRC now has a Support for initiating passive dcc send/chat connections has been added.
- Now Changing the default font for a window type now affects all open windows of the same type immediately.
- You can resize the most file dialogs.
- You can disable the $decode identifier.