N/A - Added - 10.10.2006 - WinRAR 3.51
N/A - Added - 12.29.2004 - WinRAR 3.42
N/A - Added - 12.20.2004 - WinRAR 3.41
WinRAR is one of the most used archiving utility, it supports a lot of file formats such as RAR, Zip, CAB, ARJ, LZH, TAR, GZ, ACE, UUE, BZ2, JAR, ISO, 7Z and Z archives also. It makes very small archives saving your disk space, it can also protect your files adding them passwords and encrypting your files with a 128 bits key. It has a friendly interface that is very easy to use by anyone. It has the ability to reconstruct damaged archives. With WinRar you can create self-extracting and multivolume archives. Version 3.60 beta 6 has a Local Stack Overflow Exploit and a Stack Overflow Exploit PoC inside; version 3.4.1 has a CorruptZIP File Vulnerability PoC inside; version 3.30 has a Long Filename Buffer Overflow Exploit ; version 1.0 has a Local Buffer Overflow Exploit inside so we will avoid to list them on our website. All WinRAR versions listed here were scanned with several antiviruses before adding them on this section.
- You can decompress 7-Zip archives.
- Unpack tar.bz2 archives.
- Displays CRC32 of files inside of usual .gz (not .tar.gz) archives.
- Bug fixes.
- Displays correct file names when browsing malformed ZIP archives.
- You can decompress LZH archives.
- Improved the RAR compression speed.
- Added new "Remove duplicate folders from extraction path" option.
- Changes in "Extraction path and options" dialog.
- "Show seconds" option has been added.
- A new logical file name sorting system has been added.
- The compatibility with high DPI Windows display mode has been improved.
- Small bug fixes.
- You can open tar or tar.gz archive.
- The context menu works properly in Windows 7.
- New support for ZIP archives containing Unicode file names in UTF-8 format has been added.
- New decompression support for WinZip AES encrypted ZIP archives.
- Upgraded the unicode support for RAR and ZIP archive names.
- Added a new "Add to context menu" option.
- New "Wipe temporary files" option added.
- New support of TAR archives with non-zero "extra field" data.
- Improved the Unicode support when dragging files from WinRAR window.
- WinRAR tray icon is compatible with high DPI display modes.
- Bug fixes.
- No more crashes when decompressing some of corrupt RAR archives.
- "Turn PC off when done" option added.
- No more errors while unpacking an individual file from subfolder of ACE archive using the drag and drop.
- Windows Vista compatibility changes.
- Help format changed to newer HTML based CHM.
- Vista compatibility changes in the shell integration.
- Added support for ISO 13346 file format.
- More space for file names, allowing lengthy names;
- GUI self-extracting modules support following command line switches.
- Archives history list in "File" menu allows Unicode names.
- Stack overflow vulnerability has been corrected.
- Stack overflow vulnerability has been solved.
- WinRAR GZip module sets the right file date when unpacking GZip archives.
- Solve the corrupting archived data bug.
- Solved a compatibility issue with Windows 95 OS.