N/A - Added - 02.24.2006 - WinZip 10.0.6698
N/A - Added - 11.19.2005 - WinZip 10.0.6698
N/A - Added - 11.01.2005 - WinZip 10.0.6667
WinZip is one of the most used compressing/decompressing utilities. Being very popular among Windows users, it has a friendly interface that makes it very easy to use by anyone but also comes with powerful features that help it's users to zip/unzip files, encrypt files, compress even photos and many other file formats. It has a great compression performance, support for additional archive formats and many others. It is a clean, fast and intuitive software that can be used by anyone. Version 10.0.7245 has a File View ActiveX Buffer Overflow Exploit, a Remote Buffer Overflow Exploit and a Stack Overflow PoC inside so we will not list them. All WinRAR versions listed here were scanned with several antiviruses before adding them to this section.
- Windows 7 support.
- Explorer Preview option.
- It is also available in a Backup edition.
- You can resize images being sent during Zip and E-Mail functions.
- New .zipx file extension.
- Resize images being sent during Zip and E-Mail functions.
- Added new features for photo compression.
- New advanced compression methods.
- You can specify the password requirements and allowed encryption methods.
- New interface enhancements and refinements.
- New JPEG and LZMA compression methods.
- New unicode support for international characters.
- Now you can create, open and extract LHA archives.
- No more need of DOS-based, third-party programs such as ARJ and ARC.
- Small bug fixes and enhancements.
- Compatible with Windows Vista.
- Added new Windows Vista-style toolbar and program icons.
- New Windows Vista Explorer-style user interface.
- Supports Windows Vista and Windows® XP on 64-bit as well as 32-bit Windows Vista, Windows XP, and Windows 2000.
- Customize the installation.
- New Compression Enhancements.
- Added two additional compression methods.
- A more powerful product.
- It automatically selects which compression method to use for each file to make them as small as possible.
- New compression algorithm added.